Surrender of Indian Passport and Relinquishment of Indian Citizenship
- Application in EAP-II form.
- Two photos with white background and frontal view (3.5 c. m x 3.5 c. m).
- Valid Passport in original, along with previous Indian passports if any, and photocopies of pages first two, last two and pages containing valid visa and other observations.
- Valid foreign passport, along with previous foreign passports if any, and photocopies of pages first two, last two and pages containing valid visa and other observations.
- Declaration Form prescribed u/s 8 of the Citizenship Act, duly attested by the Embassy of India, Muscat (An Indian citizen with passport and valid visa to accompany the applicant for signing the Declaration Form).
- The applicant should come personally or the documents should have been verified by the particular Honorary Consular Agent in Oman authorized by the Embassy.
- Penalty will be levied for reasons of possessing Indian passport concurrently with other country’s passport, if any, beyond the permissible period of 3 months. Please note the grace period of three months is reckoned from the date of obtaining nationality/citizenship of another country irrespective of the date of issue of passport from that country. Applicants are advised to complete the forms of changing passport/other Visa related formalities at the earliest possible from the date of issue of such letter of citizenship from that country.
- Surrender certificate of passport R.O. 7.700/-. Indian Community Welfare Fund R.O. 1.000/-.
- Relinquishment of Indian citizenship certificate R.O.55.000. Indian Community Welfare Fund R.O. 1.000/-.
- No Objection Certificate for applying for citizenship of another country (if required) R.O.7.8000/-. Indian Community Welfare Fund R.O. 1.000/-.
- Addition of Grandfather’s name in the passport (if required) R.O. 3.900/-. Indian Community Welfare Fund R.O. 1.000/-.
Five working days.
Form EAP -II