In case of death of an Indian national in the Sultanate of Oman, a No Objection Certificate from the Embassy is required for the airlifting or local burial / cremation of the mortal remains. The sponsor of the deceased Indian national should contact the Embassy in this regard along with the following documents:-
- Sponsor's letter to the Embassy informing about the death of an Indian national under his sponsorship.
- Copy of the deceased's Labour Card.
- Original Death Certificate and its photocopy
- Original passport and two photocopies.
- A letter from the next of kin of the deceased intimating their wishes regarding the mortal remains i.e. airlifting to India or burial / cremation in Oman.